This week’s links involve a plethora of technology updates and some geek and movie culture.
- Fedora 20 Released (LXer): Carla Schroder talks about the new release of the OS sponsored by Red Hat. What’s interesting to note is the improved support for the ARM architecture.
- Steam OS Review (Muktware): Swapnil Bharttiya takes a look at Valve’s new OS, currently in beta.
- HP Chromebook 11 Chargers Recalled (MaximumPC): While Chrome OS can be seen as stable, the hardware can be another matter. Certain chargers for HP’s Chromebook 11 are overheating and as a result have been recalled.
Overlooked Pop Culture
- Lords of Salem SUCKED!! (Promises Are Kept): Mitchell Brown offers his take on Rob Zombie’s latest film.
- The Stone Tape, a 1972 film, reviewed (An American View of British Science Fiction): Stephen Kelley takes a look at a 1972 film from Nigel Kneale. This is apparently the final script accepted by the BBC before he went to ITV.
- Tone Deaf NSA (Foreign Policy Magazine): This article offers insight into the thinking of those who work for the NSA.